Sunday, September 13, 2009

Image and video hosting by TinyPic
Danny Lee Gruzs
May 9, 1987 - September 13, 2008


Today marks the one year anniversary of my dear friend Danny's death. Over the past 10-ish years I've lost several young friends and acquaintances to completely different tragic incidences. Danny and my friend Sara, who died when we were just 13, were the two who were closest to me. While today is incredibly painful, I have to remember the good times I had with Danny and understand that fate had it's hand in his life. I have always been a strong believer in fate... in fact, my tattoo on my foot reads "fate always wins." I think it's my personal justification for so many young deaths in my life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

He was a natural goof ball. He alway had a silly grin on his face and always had something up his sleeve. I can still hear his dumb little laugh, which always made me laugh, too. When he walked across the stage at our high school graduation he threw up his hands and yelled "stay classy North Harford!" Just one example of Danny's silly, charismatic personality. I feel so blessed to have known him and have him in my life for as long as I did. And now he's in a better place where he can watch over all of us. Keep gruzsin' Danny. Miss you everyday.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

To all of you who ever consider driving after drinking, let Danny's story be a lesson to you. It's never worth your, or someone else's life.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

This is a poem which always seems to comfort me...

Do not stand at my grave and weep.
I am not there, I do not sleep.

I am a thousand winds that blow.
I am the diamond glints on snow.

I am the sunlight on ripened grain.
I am the gentle autumn rain.

When you awaken in the mornings hush,
I am the swift uplifting rush of quiet birds in circled flight,
I am the soft stars that shine at night.

Do not stand at my grave and cry,
I am not there, I did not die.

~Author unknown

No comments:

Post a Comment